We are looking to employ a part-time Student Support Administrator to join our team as a part of the Kickstart Scheme for an initial 6-month contract, becoming permanent for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a role within an educational environment. There is potential for the successful applicant to achieve a Supporting Teaching and Learning Qualification during employment!
- Located in Talgarth with some traveling to other sites of learning based around the community.
- National Minimum Wage
- 25 hours a week working Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm.
- You must be 16-24 years old to be eligible for this scheme.
- Experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will have safeguarding, wellbeing and vulnerable student training to enable you to support the students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeping detailed records of student applications, offers and enrolments.
- Maintaining the learner database.
- Ensure qualification registration and order certificates for each student.
- Log student absences and collate and input registers.
- Record unit assessments and maintain assessment plans for our quality control process.
- Arrange printing and distribution of the Student Handbook, student portfolios and teaching folders (including all learning materials).
- Coordinate the wellbeing checks and parents’ consultations where appropriate. - Ensuring the students are happy in their learning and reporting any issues.
- Assisting in the classroom.
- General administration duties include answering general emails/enquiries from students regarding enrichment, course info etc.
- Alert course coordinator to any Additional Learning Needs support requests or safeguarding issues.
- Arrange social events, travel and collate trip permissions and information for the students as required.
Support the mission and values of Black Mountains College
Eye for detail and good organisation skills are necessary
Enjoy working with people, building relationships with others, experience of customer service is a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Education, Google suite and social media platforms
Flexible and supportive approach to tasks required by the BMC tutors
Employability Support training will be provided by Cambrian Training over 26 hours. All participants will receive high-quality training in CV writing, interview skills, searching for employment, career advice, team working, communication, time management, employment rights, safeguarding, equality and diversity, wellbeing, British values and English, Maths & Digital Literacy assessments.
How to Apply:
Email CV and Cover Letter to:
Apply by 31 August 2021
OR apply on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/548016076639119/?source=share More stories